Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Life's Spirit

Life has a crazy way of treating you. On one hand, it does everything it can to destroy you and your dreams. On the other hand, it also provides some of the most amazing experiences that anyone could desire to have.

For a long time, I thought I would never have a girlfriend, much less get married. A lot of the reasons behind that took a lot of struggle to overcome. Depression is a nasty virus, especially when it has a legitimate reason to exist. When I was finally able to get rid of the worst reason, I found some amazing women who helped me get out of my depression. The most amazing of all is my wife, Kelli. She is my heart and my life. It wasn't till I was ready to be all I could for her, that she was allowed to find me.

Today I was called by my mother to see if I could help give my dad a blessing. 3 years ago, that would have been a cruel joke. Today, I was able to do so. Before I left, I got down on my knees and prayed for the strength and inspiration, should it be called upon. I was able to feel the Spirit so strongly when I left my lovely wife to attend to my father. I won't go over the blessing, as it is not mine to share, but let's just say that I felt confident in the blessing, and was able to say things I have never said before in a blessing.

When I returned to my wife, I was still strong in the Spirit, and I felt such a great love for her. Over the last week, she had been feeling out of sorts, and she was feeling way off of normal today. Before I left to see my dad, I asked her if she wanted a blessing, and she told me yes. When I returned from my dad's, I gave her a priesthood blessing. Again, I won't go over what was said, but the Spirit of love and joy was so strong, I nearly started crying while acting as voice. Kelli was dropping tears when it ended. Both of us received some very important revelations regarding somethings that have been on our minds lately. We have only to wait on time to see them come to fruition now.

I am so grateful for such a loving wife who inspires me to be my best so that I am ready to be able to act as the Father's servant when needed. I am grateful for wise and strong parents "who showed me the way." I am grateful for my new parents who were such great teachers form my wife.

I love you all.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

I'm grateful for you and your constant support. I'm one spoiled and lucky gal. Love you!

LlamaMama said...

I almost want to leave this comment area blank because I don't know what to say. I started to tear up a little as I read this entry ... thinking about how far you've come.

We love you, Chris. Always have ... always will.

SuperRunkels said...

Thank you for telling me that you left an entry on your blog. I would have missed it completely. I love you Chris, my brother, my friend. Our family has been blessed with you as the eldest born. Bear Hugs!!!!!!

Liz said...

I am crying as I read these wonderful words. And, yes, you have such a wonderful wife that I am sure mere words could not describe the feelings you both share and have for one another. Precious.

It is these spiritual moments that seem to really solidify and "glue" the relationship in ways others could not.

Love you both!